Ant Control Gold Coast
Treatment for Ant Infestations
Ants are one of the strongest creatures in the world in terms of sizing. As an opportunist that will eat both plant and animal matter, ants exist everywhere except for Antarctica. If you have an ant problem at one of your residential or commercial properties, you need a pest control company to treat them.
At Eco Pest Control Gold Coast, we use different baits, traps, and gels to treat various ant species. For persistent ant problems, we use a powerful but environmentally-friendly chemical to ensure a 100% safe environment for the whole family.
How we treat
Before we begin an ant treatment, we need to determine where the ants live, where they are travelling, and where they are entering your home. Ants are social insects that live in colonies. As a result, a treatment plan must involve killing the entire colony. Lastly, if you have tried a typical ant spray or repellent, you will only kill a few ants or scatter the colony.
Our ant inspection helps us identify the species and the extent of the infestation so that we can determine the most appropriate treatment. We will then inspect inside and outside the house for well-hidden ant nests.
- Inside the house: doors, carpet edges, areas of the kitchen, windows.
- Outside the house: Around foundation walls, mulch, and areas of vegetation.
We combine chemical and natural solutions to treat ants without adding toxins to the environment. Some popular treatment products we use include:
- Diatomaceous earth
- Boric acid
- Bait traps
- Commercial repellents
We use sprays and baits to kill the entire colony, including the queen. In conditions where it is impossible to locate the nest, we use highly specialized and technical insecticides. Unlike sprays, ant baits are safer households. It is also an effective method of eliminating ants.
Ant baits are available in liquid, solids, granules, and gels. We mix attractants like sugar, protein, or carbohydrate with an active insecticide in low doses that can kill ants. Foraging ants will transport the bait to the nest and infect every other ant in the colony, leading to their complete extermination within a few days.
Why are they considered pests?
Ants only become a pest problem when they enter buildings in search of water and food or when they nest in buildings or gardens. Collectively, ants are beneficial to the environment. However, some ant species are pests because of their bite and sting, and abundance. Some exotic invasive ant species like the Rasberry Crazy ant and Imported Fire ants cause significant landscape problems.
Ants don’t generally cause structural damages to a building. However, some species will occasionally attack electrical wirings or rotten woods. They also interfere with the drainage system, and their nesting activities dislodge the earth in an area.
Common species in the city
- Red imported fire ant: Localized incursions (Qld and WA)
- African black sugar ant: Localized incursions (WA)
- Browsing ant: localized incursions (NT, WA, Qld)
- Electric ant: Localized incursions (Qld)
- Yellow crazy ants: Localized incursions (Qld, NT, Cocos Island, and Christmas Island)
- Tropical fire ant: Localized incursions (NT, Tiwi Island, Christmas Island, Cocos Island, Ashmore Reef)
- Argentina ant: Widely Established (WA, SA, Vic, NSW, Tas, ACT)
- Coastal brown ant: widely established (WA, NT, VIC, Qld, NSW)
- Blackhouse ants
- Bull ants
- Cocktail ants
- Green-headed ants
- Meat ants
- Odorous garden ants
Common signs of infestation
- Live ant or trail sightings
- Big or small ant nests that can look like a small dirt pile
- Wood shavings
- Hollow sounds in wooden beams
- Discarded wings
- Rustling noises in the walls
Treatment tips and advice
- Use caulk and seal crevices and cracks to eliminate possible entry points.
- Use a detergent to clean around entryways to remove their pheromone chemical trail.
- Correct moisture problems like plumbing and leaky roofs
- Trim all bushes and trees to ensure they don’t touch the house.
- Seal and paint exposed wood construction before it is wet
- Replace water-damaged, rotten, and previously ant-infested wooden parts of the structure
- Store firewood off the ground and away from the structure, and remove dead stumps.
- Place pesticides in locations that are completely inaccessible to pets and children.
- Clean up spills immediately and dispose of food waste appropriately
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink overnight
- Store food in airtight containers
Can ants make me sick?
Ants can trigger allergies, cause asthma in people with respiratory disease or irritate a person’s asthma symptoms.
What attracts ants to my house?
Food, moisture, and nesting sites attract ants to a property. They include spills, crumbs, leftovers, rain damage, condensation, pipe leaks, moisture-damaged wood, wall voids, and exposed dirt within cracks and crevices.
How do I completely exterminate ants?
You can kill some visible ant population, but only a trained pest control specialist can completely exterminate an ant colony.
Can ants damage my home?
Carpenter ants and a few other ant species eat damp and rotten wood. Therefore, if you have rotting window frames, they can cause further damage.
Why Choose Us
- Licensed Pest Control Technicians
- Fully Insured
- Friendly and Welcoming Staff
- Commercial Pest Management
- Competitive Pricing
- Provides Integrated Pest Management Solutions
- 100% Job Satisfaction Guarantee
- Ant Removal and Pest Control
- Indoor, Lawn and Funnel Species
- Residential and Commercial Pest Management
- Inspection and Thorough Monitoring of Infestations
- Upper Coomera
- Arundel Pacific Pines
- Tweed Heads
- Burleigh Heads
- Palm Beach
- Northern NSW to Ballina
- Surfers Paradise
If you’re experiencing a problem with pests, Eco Pest Control Gold Coast can help.
We use a variety of methods to get rid of ants, cockroaches, spiders, and other pests, and we’ll do our best to ant-proof your house so that you can finally enjoy your peace of mind.