Mosquito Control Gold Coast
Mosquito Treatment and Pest Prevention
Mosquitoes are both a nuisance and a health risk all over the world. There are currently more than 3,500 species, and Gold Coast has the perfect climate for breeding mosquitoes. Bites from mosquitoes can lead to harmful virus infections in humans and animals. Also, it causes skin irritations like inflammations, redness, and itchiness. This is why you must have the best mosquito control and management solutions for your commercial and residential properties.
If you notice increased mosquitoes, call Eco pest control Gold Coast. We provide various treatments and barriers to kill and block their entry to ensure your safety.
How we treat
Mosquitoes prefer dark, humid places like under the sinks, closets, showers, and other similar out of view places. When the pest enters your house, it lays eggs indoors. This usually signifies the beginning of the problem. Female mosquitoes lay up to 200 eggs at a time, and that number can rise significantly if your property is deeply infested.
We carry out mosquito inspections to determine the extent of the infestation, the species and locate possible entryways or attractants. After determining all of the above, we can proceed to recommend a treatment procedure.
The most convenient way to treat mosquitoes is to remove their habitat. Therefore, we will use various methods to locate and replace conditions that help mosquitoes lay eggs. Apart from this, we sometimes introduce natural enemies in pools and natural ponds where we can’t drain the water. In addition, various species of fish, birds, and predatory insects eat mosquitoes.
Beyond treating the surfaces and likely mosquito hotspots, we take measures to ensure their complete extermination.
- Mosquito control pesticides
We use granular, liquid, and powder pesticides to eliminate mosquitoes. Also, some residual pest control solutions we use include Bifen, Pyriproxyfen, Novaluron, etc. At Eco Pest Control Gold Coast, we only use solutions that won’t compromise your health and the environment. Lastly, we use growth regulators or combine both for superior control.
Our technicians will install traps and control systems to help prevent future mosquito infestation. Furthermore, we give tips and advice for making your home less attractive to mosquitoes.
Why are they considered pests?
Mosquitoes are annoying and dangerous. In the least, the sound of a few of them buzzing around your ears when you are trying to nap is frustrating. Mosquito bites also cause itch and redness and leave you uncomfortable until it heals. Also, what you need to worry about is the different dangerous diseases they carry.
Also, they can survive on honeydew and plant nectar. However, they need blood to get protein and iron. In the process, they sometimes transmit some deadly diseases to humans. Some of those diseases include:
- Yellow fever
- Zika Virus
- West Nile virus
Common species in the city
Western Australia alone is home to more than 100 mosquito species. The common ones include Aedes camptorhynchus, Aedes notoscriptus, Aedes vigilax, Anopheles annulipes s.l., Culex annulirostris, and Culex quinquefasciatus.
Common signs of infestation
- Mosquitoes are attracted to standing water on your property
- Constant high-buzzing sound
- Live sightings in shaded areas on your property
- Frequent bites and scratching at night
- Mosquitoes hovering over food in the kitchen
- Sightings during the daytime and evening
Treatment tips and advice
- Eliminate standing water to prevent mosquitoes from laying their eggs around your property.
- Remove any items that can collect water outdoors.
- Treat pools and ponds, and be sure to cover them at night or during months
- Buy and use an oscillating fan in your yard.
- Trim your lawn, trees and shrubs, and ensure that the grass is not too tall.
- Plant natural deterrents in your garden. Plants like lavender, lemongrass, lemon balm, peppermint, Rosemary, etc. Keep mosquitoes away.
- Use yellow LED lighting instead of traditional light bulbs
- Use tight-fitting doors and window screens or repair broken ones
- Don’t wear strong cologne or perfume when you are going outside or visiting a mosquito-infested location.
- Avoid creating small puddles from excessive irrigation
- Remove debris from rain gutters to prevent water runoff from pooling
- Avoid areas like marshes, swamps, and slow-moving streams without wearing long sleeves and pants or a hat.
- Use mosquito netting and traps.
- Use essential oils like neem and coconut oil to repel mosquitoes.
Do all mosquitoes bite?
Only the female mosquitoes that require blood for egg production bites.
Do mosquitoes die in cold weather?
Mosquitoes are cold-blooded creatures that thrive in warm climates. They become inactive during the cool weather and hibernate throughout winter. Then, they come out from hibernation in the spring.
How long do mosquitoes live?
Female mosquitoes have an average lifespan of 3-100 days, while male mosquitoes live for only 10-20 days.
Why Choose Us
- QBCC License
- Local Gold Coast Based Business
- Australian Environmental Pest Managers Association Member
- Fast and Reliable Flea Extermination
- Queensland Health PMT Licensed Pest Technicians
- 100% Customer Focused Staff
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- Eco-friendly Treatments Safe for Family, Dogs and Cats
- 20 Years Pest Control Industry Experience
- Free Quotations
Mosquito Control Services
- Mosquito Control
- End of lease Mosquito treatments from $99
- Move out pest control
Gold Coast Locations
- Southern Gold Coast
- Northern Gold Coast
- Northern NSW
- Sunshine Coast
- Tweed Heads
- Moreton Bay
If you’re looking for mosquito control advice or to schedule your job, our friendly team is ready to help. Call us on 07 5240 5555 today.