Rodent Control Gold Coast
Rat Control and Mice Removals
Rats and mice cause significant structural damage to any structure. Apart from this, they transmit disease and constitute a general nuisance in any location. While it is considerably easy to identify rogue rodents, it is not easy to get rid of them. The most efficient way to take care of your rat problem is to ensure they don’t gain access to your home in the first place. But even if they have, At Eco Pest Control Gold Coast, we are experts at rodent removal and extermination.
How we treat
Rodent inspection is crucial for rodent infestation identification, we focus on finding evidence of rodent activities by looking for traces of their droppings, nesting materials, urine, etc. We inspect inside and outside the home, including the walls and roof for signs of rats.
Treatment and extermination
- Rodent baits
Rodent baits are simple and effective for controlling rodent infestation. rodents eat the bait and die a few days later. We then mix rodenticides into the bait as per regulations and leave them in hard-to-reach places where only rats can find them.
- Rodent traps
We use traps instead of poisoning to get rid of rodents in an environmentally-friendly way. Rodent traps are easy to use, and you can then immediately dispose of rodents without dealing with the stench from the carcass of a poisoned rat. At Eco Pest Control Gold Coast, we use:
- Snare traps
- Electronic traps
- Glue trap
- Live animal and multi-catch live mouse trap
- Glue trap
We offer rodent exclusion plans before an infestation occurs to protect properties from an attack. Our technician then seals up the structure with tough substances like copper meshing and steel wool to prevent entry.
Why are they considered pests?
Rats are incredibly destructive and unpleasant to behold. If you allow them, they will chew through electrical wiring, insulation, and walls. Since rats are omnivores, they will eat anything available to them. They can also survive for about a month without water.
A female rat can mate up to 500 times in six hours. Also, brown rats can give birth to about 2,000 babies in a year, with up to 22 young at a given time. Lastly, with a gestational period of less than a month, one or two rats is all it takes to overwhelm your home.
An increasing rat population puts you and your household at the risk of contracting a rodent-borne disease. Rats carry diseases as pathogens in their faeces and urine. For example, salmonellosis, hantavirus, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, etc. Rats also host different parasites like ticks and fleas that can directly cause several diseases. Also, they contaminate food supplies with bacteria and germs. Individuals with asthma can also suffer irritation from rat droppings.
Common species in the city
Australia is home to more than 60 native rodent species. The major pest species are:
- Norway rat
- Roof rat
- House mice
The house and roof rats were introduced around the time of European settlement. Thanks to favourable conditions, their populations increased to plague levels. Furthermore, roof rats prefer tropical and temperate Australia in human-modified environments. All rats are relentless and often hide in roof voids. Also, they feed on fruits, nuts, cereals, grains, meat and insects, and almost any other item with nutritional value.
Common signs of infestation
- Signs of chewing on food packages
- Rat droppings in cupboards and drawers, under the sink, and around food packages.
- The stale smell from hidden areas
- Holes chewed through floors and walls that create entry points into your home
- Nesting materials like fabric, dried plant matter, and shredded paper.
- Foot and tail marks
- Damages to properties
- Strange sound in the walls
Treatment tips and advice
- Seal holes inside and outside your property to keep rodents out
- Remove potential nesting sites like deep much and leaf piles from your property
- Keep food and attractants in containers with tight-fitting lids
- Use containers with tight-fitting lids to store your garbage, and clean and recycle them frequently.
- Don’t leave spills and crumbs overnight
- Repair leaky pipes
- Ensure that your crawl spaces, attic, and cabinets near the sinks are clean and free of moisture
- Clean up clutter before moving onto another task to reduce hiding places
- Keep firewood off the ground and away from your building
- Maintain a distance between the building and bushes, fences, and shrubs.
- Adopt a cat
- Use gloves when disposing of dead rodent and wash your hand thoroughly with water and soap.
Are there natural remedies to keep mice away?
Natural remedies like peppermint cocoa powder, hot pepper flakes, etc. Irritate and can deter mice.
Can I get sick from rats?
Yes, you can. Rodents can directly transmit Lassa fever, Leptospirosis, Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, and many other diseases and viruses.
Do rats bite?
Rats have large teeth they can use to bite. If a rat bites you, clean and disinfect the bite area immediately. Then, contact a medical professional to avoid pathogens and diseases.
Why Choose Us
- Queensland Government Licensed Pest Technicians
- Local Gold Coast Business
- Eco-friendly Treatments
- Proud Member of AEPMA
- 3 month rodent control warranty
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
- 20 Years of Experience
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- 100% Customer Focused service
- Free Quotations
- Mice, Black and Brown Rats
- Rodent Control
- External and Internal Rodent Bait Stations
Gold Coast Locations
- Northern Gold Coast
- Burleigh Heads
- Surfers Paradise
- Labrador Qld
- Tweed Heads
- Southern Gold Coast
Eco Pest Control Gold Coast is the top choice for rodent control in the Gold Coast area. Also, we use the latest and most effective rodent control methods to get rid of rats, mice, and other small rodents. Our guaranteed results will leave you satisfied with our services.