Tick Control Gold Coast
Treatment for Ticks
Ticks belong in the same class as spiders and other eight-legged crawlers. They are small and rely entirely on blood to grow and reproduce. Ticks are notorious pests known for the disease they carry about, the most popular being Lyme disease.
Since many factors besides humans are responsible for the infestation, you need professional tick control to guarantee everyone’s safety. At Eco Pest Control Gold Coast, our professionals will determine if you have a tick infestation, end it, and prevent them from returning.
How we treat
When you contact Eco Pest Control Gold Coast, we will send a trained and certified pest control technician to perform a comprehensive tick inspection. We will inspect your property for signs of tick activities and determine where the pests might be coming from and what attracts them to your yard. We will also sample areas around your property to identify other organisms that serve as hosts.
Treatment and extermination
Our technicians use a safe and eco-friendly pesticide that won’t hurt you, pets, or the environment to exterminate ticks. For example, we use Permethrin – a safe, neutral-smelling, and inexpensive product that is best for outdoor use against ticks. We will spray the area around the perimeter of your house to ensure thorough protection.
Domestic animals are the most popular culprits that bring ticks into the house. Therefore, our inspection will cover any pet you have to determine whether it is the host. We will treat your pest with a safe topical solution that will eliminate the pests. Not only domestic animals, but we will also address pests like mice, rats, raccoons, and other rodents that can introduce ticks into your yard.
Our treatment procedure includes building a barrier of wood chips or gravel between lawns and wooded areas to make it harder for ticks to migrate. Apart from this, we will suggest some tick-repelling plants like lavender, rosemary, mint, garlic, etc. That you can plant in places where you’d like to keep ticks away.
More importantly, we will offer tips and advice for preventing future infestation, and we will always be available for follow-up treatment.
Why are they considered pests?
Ticks go through various stages of development, and each involves feeding on blood. When an adult tick reaches its peak stage, it climbs to the top of the grass and waits for a warm-blood creature. When a suitable host brushes past the grass, the tick, which can detect body heat and odour, hooks itself and latches on to the host. Then, it crawls around until it finds a suitable spot to drill a hole in the skin and starts feeding.
Besides feeding, ticks transmit various diseases. The common ones include Lyme disease, Colorado tick fever, rocky mountain spotted fever, tick paralysis, and typhus. Although pets are more susceptible to tick infestation, they can crawl and latch onto a human through contact. Most tick bites don’t pose serious medical problems apart from redness and swelling at the bite site, provided the tick is removed swiftly. However, some people may experience more severe conditions like anaphylactic shock, tick paralysis, and other allergic reactions.
Common species in the city
- Eastern paralysis tick: restricted to the east coast of Australia
- Ornate kangaroo ticks and brown dog tick: located in western Australia.
- Bush tick: throughout Australia
- Cattle tick
- Brown dog tick
Signs of infestation
- A large number of ticks on your pets or yourself
- Active sighting in a warm and moist environment
- Unexplainable brown or black spots on the body
- Tick-borne illnesses
Treatment Tips and advice
- Avoid picking ticks with your hands, especially if you have an allergy
- Regularly apply veterinary-approved tick products on your pets
- Maintain good housekeeping and hygiene – always clean your home thoroughly from top to bottom
- Vacuum the areas your pet is around and other parts of the home
- Wash your cloth and pet bedding in hot water
- Try to avoid contact with shrubs and tall grasses when you are outside
- Check yourself, pets, and children regularly, especially after coming spending time outdoors
- Wear light-coloured clothing and closed-toed shoes so you can easily spot ticks on your clothing.
- Mow your lawn and keep bushes, shrubs, and tall grasses away from areas you frequent.
- Keep rodents under control since they serve as hosts
- Remove woodpile, old mattress and furniture, and trash from the yard
- Use natural products like cedar oil spray, neem oil, or diatomaceous earth
When are ticks most active?
Ticks become active in warmer months, as they love humidity.
Can a chemical spray work on tick eggs?
A female tick can lay up to 2500 eggs encased in an impenetrable shell. Therefore, chemical sprays will only be effective on hatched eggs.
Where do ticks live?
Ticks thrive in humid and moist conditions. As a result, they dwell in long grasses and hide in walls, pillars, and eaves.
Why Choose Us
- QBCC Licensed
- 20 Years In The Pest Control Industry
- AEPMA Member
- Local Gold Coast Business
- Fast and Reliable Exterminators
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Eco-friendly Tick Control Treatments
- Licensed Pest Management Technicians
- Free Quotations
- $2000000 Public Liability Insured
- Tick Control
- Tick treatments from $99
It is hard to provide a warranty on ticks as many external factors determine the success of complete removal.
Gold Coast Locations
- Surfers Paradise
- Coomera Waters
- Pacific Pines
- Burleigh Heads
- Palm Beach
- Varsity Lakes
- Tweed Heads
Get In Touch
Contact Eco Pest Control Gold Coast today to discuss your requirements.
Phone us on 07 5240 5555.