White Ant Control
Protection and Treatment for White Ants
Ants are common insects with some interesting talents. While there are over 12,000 kinds of ants, only a few pose a threat to your privacy at home.
Many people have trouble distinguishing ants. We have black ants, carpenter ants, fire ants, and other types of ants. White ants, on the other hand, are not true ants. They are termites. White ants are pests that, if left unchecked, can completely devastate your property.
Termites feed on the organic substance cellulose. It exists in wood, plants, cardboard, and paper. Our professionals at Eco Pest Control Gold Coast are certified to safely destroy and remove termites. We utilize environmentally friendly materials that are safe for both you and the environment.
How we treat
White ants are one of the most dangerous pests to have in your house or business. They cause an average of $10,000 in damage to residences. Not only that, but the home insurance policy excludes certain damages because they are avoidable.
Inspections for white ants aim to discover their activities before they cause structural damage to your home. To ensure complete protection, the Australian government recommended annual termite inspections. We check for evidence of termite presence and possible entryways during our termite examination. If we find live termites, we will spray them with a termiticide right away.
White ants are not the same as other ants. Therefore, they require distinct treatment. We will take steps to treat your property if our white ant inspection reveals their activity. These measures include:
- Physical and chemical barriers
- Termite baits
- Reticulation systems
Extermination is a necessary part of a complete white ant management strategy. If you do not, they will return to your property in the future.
When it comes down to it, prevention is always preferable to cure. So here are some things you may take to avoid a termite infestation:
- Make sure that your furniture is not exposed to moisture.
- Aloe vera gel functions as a protective coating for wooden furniture.
- Invest in a quality wood polish and have it applied by a professional to all of your wooden furniture.
- Remove any unneeded wooden things from your home as they are breeding grounds for pests.
- If you live in a seaside city, get chemical treatments regularly.
Why are they considered pests?
White ants devour wood and other cellulose-containing materials. If you leave them alone, they will ruin your structure until you have no alternative but to demolish it. They reside deep within the woods, and you’d rarely see one during the day. Termites can travel from a faraway colony to your building and establish a nest in your home.
The queen of the termite lays 15 to 25 eggs every minute. This equates to more than 40,000 eggs per day. Not only that, but the queen has the longest life expectancy of any insect, living up to 50 years.
Common Species in the city
Only a small percentage of the 360 species of termites found in Australia inflict economic damage to crops, lumber, and other cellulose-based items. The most common termite species in Australia are subterranean, dry wood, and damp wood.
Common Signs of Infestation
- Mud tubes: Termites are connected to their food source by mud tubes the width of a drinking straw.
- Wooden flooring blisters: Termites feeding within or beneath wood flooring can leave dark spots or blisters.
- Termite excrement: Active termites can be identified by mounds of pellets that resemble sawdust or coffee grounds.
- Termites generally leave abandoned wings behind after swarming. There could also be several dead termites discovered.
Treatment Tips and Advice
- To keep the humidity low, make sure the vents to the subfloor areas are clear of obstructions.
- Repair pipes and faucets.
- Ensure that rain runoff and water from the air conditioner overflow drain away from the side of your property.
- Don’t allow climbing plants, bushes, and trees to grow against the house.
- Don’t plant trees with strong roots near your home, as they can penetrate the building and give termites a way in.
- Make sure that any changes to the structure don’t compromise your termite barriers.
- Keep a pile of firewood a safe distance away from your home.
- For your garden fences, only use treated wood.
- Remove tree stumps and dead trees.
- Reduce leaks from exterior faucets and irrigation systems.
What are some of the most prevalent termite symptoms?
Blisters in wood floors, damaged wood, traces of discarded wings, mud tubes on your home’s foundation, and termite droppings are all things to watch for. If you notice any of these termite indications, call Eco Pest Control Gold Coast for a free examination to discover if termites are present.
How long does a termite treatment last?
A termite treatment can last for up to 8 years, depending on the type.
Why Choose Us
- Eco-friendly methods to eradicate white ants
- AEPMA Member
- Affordable and Reliable
- 20 Years of Experience
- 100% Customer Focused service
- QLD Government Licence
- $20 Million Public Liability Insured
- Locally owned
- Eco-friendly Treatments
- Free Quotations
- Residential and Commercial Treatments
- Barrier of Baiting Protection Treatment
- On-Site White Ant Inspection
- Prevention of Future Outbreaks
Gold Coast Locations
- North Gold Coast
- Tweed Heads
- Northern NSW
- South Gold Coast
Talk with us at Eco Pest Control Gold Coast for free advice. We offer effective white ant control solutions with guaranteed results. Speak to our friendly staff today. Call us on 07 5240 5555.