Cockroach Control Gold Coast
Treatment for Cockroaches
There are about 4,000 types of cockroaches in the world, and 450 in Australia alone. Although only a few are pests, the sight of the annoying critters can leave our skins crawling. Furthermore, cockroaches destroy paper and fabric, contaminate food, transmit diseases, leave a foul odour behind, and cause allergies.
Furthermore, if you want to prevent and manage cockroach infestations, you must reduce the risk of an infestation. At Eco pest control Gold Coast, our technicians are trained to properly identify cockroach species. Also, we can make your house unattractive for cockroaches and prevent future attacks.
How we treat
Cockroaches are nocturnal insects that prefer dark, warm, and moist hiding places. They will then hide in crevices, cracks, and hard-to-reach corners of your home. In places you will have little luck locating on your own. Lastly, the best any home or business owner can do is kill a few cockroaches they sight scurrying around.
Our cockroach inspection aims to achieve four things:
- Discover active cockroach nest
- Identify the species
- Identify entryways and attractants
- Exterminate them
Beyond killing cockroaches, our pest inspectors use various means to locate active cockroach nests for proper treatment. Then we can proceed to treatment and extermination.
Treatment and extermination
Our control measures are sufficient to disrupt the roach life cycle, killing existing roaches and eliminating the colony. For example, we use sticky traps for simple treatment, locate cockroach eggs cases and destroy them.
We use eco-friendly solutions for controlling cockroach infestation and population. They can be in the form of sprays, while some are formulated as dust or baits. When we use sprays, we target potential hiding places. Not places like countertops where they only visit for a while.
We use some solutions as dust or powders. When the pests crawl over a treated surface, tiny power particles adhere to their body. They will then eat it when they are exposed to the particles from their antennae and legs.
Pest control solutions made as baits are also effective against cockroaches. Our technicians mix a slow-acting killer like Termidor into a food bait. When pests find and ingest the bait, they crawl away to either die or spread the toxin and infect others. Also, we use different bait stations to distribute the bait in places cockroaches will pick them up.
Sticky traps and glue boards in several locations help locate cockroaches.
Why are Cockroaches considered as pests?
Cockroaches prefer to eat rotten food, and they crawl around unsanitary places. As a result, they actively transport germs across places they crawl over – say, for example, your food. Also, cockroaches cause food poisoning and dysentery. They can also cause roundworm, tapeworms, fungus, viruses, and allergies.
Cockroaches carry more than 33 different bacteria. They also breed rapidly and are resilient. Cockroach-produced allergens can then cause watery eyes, congestion, sneezing, and life-threatening bronchial inflammation.
Common species in the city
- Australian cockroach is prevalent in places with relatively mild winter
- German cockroach prefers wet, humid conditions like bathrooms and kitchens.
- Oriental cockroach prefers cool, damp areas like drains and basements, and prefers feeding on garbage and decay.
- American cockroach are large, live on trees. They prefer dark, humid, and undisturbed areas like roof voids, bathrooms, basements, and subfloors.
- Brown-banded cockroach is one of the smallest pest cockroaches, and prefers warm, humid environments.
- Smoky brown cockroach contaminates food with regurgitated salivary fluid, excrement, and harmful bacteria.
Common signs of infestation
- Smear marks
- Stench or unusual odour
- Shed skin
- Live roaches
- Egg capsules
Treatment tips and advice
- Seal any cracks of 0.3 cm in exterior walls, foundation, around doors, windows, air conditioner, and other structural openings.
- Store refuses in a durable, securely covered container
- Inspect groceries, dry-cleaned items, and luggage
- Repair leaky water pipes and faucets
- Wipe spills as soon as possible
- Regularly vacuum crevices and cracks to reduce food sources and droppings
- Use door and weather strips on windows and doors
- Trim branches and shrubs to increase ventilation
- Remove firewood stacks to reduce potential habitats.
- Avoid leaving unwashed dishes and kitchen utensils overnight
- Don’t leave exposed food products overnight
- Remove leftover pet food before bedtime
- Prioritize sanitation and cleanup
How long does it take to get rid of cockroaches?
The duration depends on the size of the infestation and species. Also, some cockroach species are adaptable and resistant to some extermination methods. As a result, we will only recommend a treatment procedure and timeframe after identifying the species.
How long can a cockroach survive without food?
Cockroaches can live without food for a month but can’t do without water for more than a week.
Do cockroaches bite?
A cockroach bite is a rare occurrence that will only happen if their food supply is short.
Why Choose Us
- $20,000,000 Public Liability Insured
- Eco-friendly Pest Control
- QBCC Licensed Pest Technicians from Queensland Health
- AEPMA Members.
- Fast and Reliable
- 20 Years of Experience in Pest Control Industry
- 12 month cockroach control warranty
- 100% assured satisfaction
- Free Quotes
- Best Price Guarantee
- Cockroach Control
- German Cockroach
- American Cockroach
- Australian Cockroach
- External and Internal Treatments
Please note existing infestations of German Cockroaches may require additional treatments
Gold Coast Locations
- Palm Beach
- Burliegh Heads
- Tweed Heads
- Northern NSW
Contact our friendly team today on 07 5240 5555 to book your job today.